I’ve managed to get this far with out ever carrying an interest-bearing bank card stability. However I’ve taken benefit of extra 0% APR introductory promotions than I can depend although, and I understand how to identify an important alternative after I see one.
The Truist Future Credit score Card is such a chance. Although if I’m being sincere, not an earth-shattering one, and one made much less engaging by the cardboard’s different deficiencies.
Nonetheless: If you happen to’re able to get severe about paying down high-interest bank card balances or must finance an enormous buy and hope to keep away from curiosity within the course of, the Truist Future card is made for you. Right here’s what it’s good to find out about it to make an knowledgeable choice about making use of (or not).
What Is the Truist Future Credit score Card?
The Truist Future Credit score Card is a low APR bank card with an extended 0% APR buy and stability switch promotion stretching 15 months from account opening. It’s designed for individuals who must switch and pay down high-interest balances from present bank card accounts and people seeking to finance greater purchases whereas minimizing curiosity fees.
The Truist Future card doesn’t have a daily rewards program, so it’s not applicable for folks searching for a direct return on spending. However it additionally has no annual payment, which suggests it received’t value something to maintain in reserve if and when it’s good to use it.
What Units the Truist Future Credit score Card Aside
The Truist Future Credit score Card isn’t groundbreaking and in reality has no distinctive options that actually “set it aside.” Its most distinctive attributes relate to its 0% APR promotion and low ongoing APR:
- 0% APR for 15 Months From Account Opening on Eligible Purchases and Stability Transfers. The Truist Future card has matching 15-month 0% APR intro promotions for purchases and stability transfers. The promotional price applies to all purchases made throughout the first 15 months and to stability transfers made throughout the first 60 days of account opening (with the 0% APR interval lasting the total 15 months from account opening).
- Low Ongoing APR. The Truist Future card has a comparatively low ongoing APR, although variable and dependent in your creditworthiness. I all the time counsel in opposition to carrying interest-bearing balances until completely vital, however in the event you should, it is a respectable card to take action with.
- Entry to Truist Offers. Truist Offers is Truist’s in-house purchasing and affiliate rewards portal. It’s not groundbreaking by any means, however actually price testing if you wish to save on purchases you’d make anyway.
Key Options of the Truist Future Credit score Card
Maintain studying for extra particulars on the Truist Future card’s primary options, together with its 0% APR promotion and Truist Offers.
Intro APR Provide
The Truist Future Credit score Card has twin 0% APR intro affords for purchases and stability transfers. Each stretch 15 months from account opening, however qualifying stability transfers should be made throughout the first 60 days.
A 3% stability switch payment applies to all eligible stability transfers. That’s nonetheless a lot lower than the minimal APR you’d pay on a nonpromotional stability switch although.
This card’s ongoing APR is variable and credit-dependent. See charges and charges for the most recent APR info.
This card has no annual payment or overseas transaction payment. Different charges could apply; see charges and charges.
Different Safety and Fee Options
This card comes with some helpful (if kind of normal) safety and fee options:
- Customizable card controls for enhanced safety
- Zero fraud legal responsibility (backed by Visa)
- Contactless fee performance
- Cell pockets compatibility with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
Truist’s banner under has extra particulars. Notice that the “further rewards” and “star advantages” options aren’t out there on the Truist Future card.
Credit score Required
This card requires good to glorious credit score. It’s not designed for folks with restricted credit score, nor these with impaired and even honest credit score.
Benefits of the Truist Future Credit score Card
Let’s overview the important thing benefits of the Truist Future card.
- Lengthy 0% APR Intro Promotion for Purchases and Stability Transfers. That is the Truist Future card’s signature profit and, for my part, the one true promoting level over related playing cards.
- Comparatively Low Ongoing APR. If you happen to should carry an interest-bearing bank card stability, that is the cardboard to do it with. Maintain it in reserve for emergencies.
- No Annual Price. Not notably uncommon, however undoubtedly welcome, particularly after the 0% APR intro interval ends.
- No International Transaction Price. If you happen to journey outdoors the U.S. or patronize retailers primarily based abroad, you’ll respect the 0% overseas transaction payment right here.
- Entry to Truist Offers. Truist Offers isn’t a daily rewards program, nevertheless it’s the one technique to earn a direct return on spending with this card.
Disadvantages of the Truist Future Credit score Card
Take into account these disadvantages earlier than you apply for the Truist Future card.
- No Common Rewards Program. The Truist Future card has no common rewards program. On a regular basis spending received’t web you something right here.
- No Spend-Primarily based Welcome Provide. The Truist Future card doesn’t have a spend-based welcome supply both. Some competing 0% APR bank cards supply assertion credit after you clear a predetermined spending threshold through the first 3 or 4 months.
- Few Further Perks. This card has few value-added advantages to talk of apart from what comes normal with Visa Signature bank cards.
How the Truist Future Credit score Card Stacks Up
Earlier than you apply for the Truist Future Credit score Card, see the way it compares to a different standard low APR bank card with an extended 0% curiosity promotion: the Chase Slate Edge Credit score Card.
|Truist Future||Slate Edge|
|0% APR Promotion||15 months on purchases and stability transfers||18 months on purchases and stability transfers|
|Ongoing APR||Comparatively low||Average|
|Potential for Curiosity Fee Discount||No||Sure, with accountable card use over time|
|International Transaction Price||0%||3%|
Different Alternate options to Take into account
Unsure both Truist Future or Slate Edge is best for you? Take into account these standard alternate options as an alternative. Every has an extended 0% APR intro promotion on purchases, stability transfers, or each.
The Truist Future Credit score Card is a strong alternative if it’s good to pay down high-interest bank card debt quick or finance a significant buy with out paying curiosity (or no less than extra curiosity than you’d like). On this, it’s not notably uncommon and positively not price standing as much as take discover.
And the Truist Future card has some actual drawbacks. It has no common rewards program or sign-up bonus, amongst different deficiencies. I see it as a single-purpose bank card that, after the 0% APR promotional interval ends, is price holding round just for true emergencies that require you to hold a stability past your assertion due date.